Wednesday 28 December 2011

Number 47: heritage rescue

This is one of those awkward ones that I can't claim as a success as anything other than part of a team, but it is still a biggie for me.

For a couple of years now I have worked as a admin volunteer with a local charity, which works to secure a heritage asset for the future. I can't say much more without giving huge amounts away and I don't want to steal the thunder of a press release which will be coming out in January, but one of my jobs has been fundraising.

I was lucky enough to coordinate a couple of successful proposals last year, one of which  hope will more or less cover the cost of a very significant renovation programme. Lots of people made huge contributions and getting to the end of the application and approval process has been painful to say the least, but I was really delighted to play a part in pulling it all together and would love to think I have had a hand in securing the future for the region's heritage.

I will say more when it is all public, but I have just heard that the paperwork is all signed and sealed, so it has squeaked in for a 52 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment